Welcome Home Sandown!
Our doors are open all the way! The Library's hours will be from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday - Thursday & 9:00 am to 3:00 pm on Saturdays. We are reserving Monday - Thursday 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm for programming in order to accomodate social distancing.
Face coverings (over mouth and nose) will be required for all visitors 4 years of age and older while you are in the building. We will be limiting occupancy to a maximum of 10 patrons at any one time.
Thank You!A great big thank-you to everyone who made our Summer Reading Program such a great experience! It was a different kind of Summer for us all, and we appreciate all of the folks who lent a hand, read, participated, and supported our efforts this year, sponsors, donators, and volunteers including:
And a great big-screen shout out to the Conservation Commission and Channel 17 for their huge contributions to Drive-Ins at the Libary! Sound, screen, and organizing all excellently handled!
Library Trustees MeetingThe Trustees will hold their regular meeting on September 10th at 7 pm. This meeting will be held at the Library and is open to the public. Attendees must wear a face covering over mouth and nose while attending the meeting.
Special Information Regarding Drop-off and Pick-up of Library MaterialsHere is some important information regarding our limited library services.
BOOK DROP - MATERIALS RETURNED TO THE LIBRARY
- We are accepting library materials ONLY (please no donations at this time) in the book drop. Materials were renewed until June 1, however, there will be NO FINES if materials are returned late.
- We are checking materials in on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays.
- Books being returned are being quarantined up to three (3) days. Books will be NOT be checked in right away. Please give us to the five (5) days before checking your account. Again, there are NO fines for any materials at this time.
- Please be patient! We are working to pull books that have been placed on hold throughout the day. We are also getting phone calls and emails requesting materials that we are also pulling.
- Your books may not be ready for pick-up on the day you reserve them.
- If you receive email notification that your book is ready for pick-up, please ignore this message. WE WILL CALL YOU WHEN YOUR ITEMS ARE READY FOR YOU TO PICK-UP.
- When you pick-up your items on the front porch of the library, they are in paper bags with your first name and last name initial. They have already been checked out.
- We will put your bag out for three (3) days and if it is not picked up, we will check the items in, and you will have to place the item(s) on hold again.
If you have questions, please call the library at 887-3428 or email Cathy at Chassard@sandownlibrary.us
Temporary Library Card ApplicationIf you do not have a Sandown Public Library card, and would like to access the library's online resources, we have created a way for you to apply for a temporary library card. You must be a Sandown resident or pay taxes in Sandown to qualify. Right now, the temporary library card is good through October 1, 2020. You can come into the library and show proof of residency and you will be given your permanent library card at that time. Once you complete the application, you will be sent an email with all the information you need to start accessing the online resources.
Temporary Sandown Library Card Application