Welcome Home Sandown!
Our doors are open all the way! The Library's hours will be from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday - Thursday & 9:00 am to 3:00 pm on Saturdays. We are reserving Monday - Thursday 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm for programming in order to accommodate social distancing.
Face coverings (over mouth and nose) will be required for all visitors 4 years of age and older while you are in the building. We will be limiting occupancy to a maximum of 10 patrons at any one time.
Library Trustees MeetingThe Trustees will hold their regular meeting on October 8th at 7 pm. This meeting will be held at the Library and is open to the public. There will be an option to attend vitually via Zoom. Please email the director for the Zoom link. In-person attendees must wear a face covering over mouth and nose while attending the meeting.
Information Regarding Drop-off and Pick-up of Library MaterialsMATERIALS RETURNED TO THE LIBRARY
- We are accepting library materials ONLY at the outside book drop or inside book drop (just to the right as you enter the Library).
- Please, no donations at this time.
- There are NO fines for any materials. Please just return the Library's materials.
- We are working to pull books that have been placed on hold throughout the day. We also get phone calls and emails requesting materials that we need to pull.
- Your books may not be ready for pick-up on the same day you reserve them.
- If you receive email notification that your book is ready for pick-up, please ignore this message. WE WILL CALL YOU WHEN YOUR ITEMS ARE READY FOR YOU TO PICK-UP.
- You may pick up your items inside the Library or knock on the window to the right of the froint door and we will hand them out to you.
Temporary Library Card ApplicationIf you do not have a Sandown Public Library card, and would like to access the library's online resources, we have created a way for you to apply for a temporary library card. You must be a Sandown resident or pay taxes in Sandown to qualify. Right now, the temporary library card is good through October 1, 2020. You can come into the library and show proof of residency and you will be given your permanent library card at that time. Once you complete the application, you will be sent an email with all the information you need to start accessing the online resources.
Temporary Sandown Library Card Application