Welcome Home Sandown!
Beginning Monday, August 3rd, there will be no need to call for appointments to come in to the Library and browse our collection or use a computer. The Library's hours will be from 9:30 am to 5:45 pm, Monday - Thursday. Front porch pick-up will continue for your convenience.
Families with children may call and reserve use of the Children's room on Tuesdays and Thursdays in one-hour blocks if they prefer.
Face coverings (over mouth and nose) will be required for all visitors 4 years of age and older while you are in the building. We will be limiting occupancy to a maximum of 10 patrons at any one time.
2020 Summer Library ProgramWe are pleased to announce the start of our 2020 Summer Library Program, Imagine Your Story. There are two parts to the program this year. The first is an online summer reading program, where anyone ages 2+ can create an account and log either their minutes of reading or their books read, depending on their age. The other part of the summer library program is activity and program-based. We are breaking the summer into three (3), three-week sessions. For children and kids ages 2-10, there are activities once a week which involve crafts, and parents can register to receive a Take & Go Bag with the supplies needed to participate each week. There will be other programs provided for all ages during the summer. Almost all the programs require registration so we can email you links to Zoom where the virtual programs will take place. Some programs are on Facebook Live and YouTube, which don't require registration. For a full schedule of programs for Session 1, click here for a PDF document to download, or go to our online calendar to register.
Below is the link to register for the online reading program. Please note, you must create an account first, and then you can log into your account and start logging minutes or books (starting June 8). If you are a parent/caregiver, you can register using the Myself & Family option on the registration page.
2020 Sandown Library Online Summer Reading Program Registration
2020 Sandown Library Online Summer Reading Program Description (This page gives desctiptions of each age category and the option to create an account and then login to your account.)
Special Information Regarding Drop-off and Pick-up of Library MaterialsHere is some important information regarding our limited library services.
BOOK DROP - MATERIALS RETURNED TO THE LIBRARY
- We are accepting library materials ONLY (please no donations at this time) in the book drop. Materials were renewed until June 1, however, there will be NO FINES if materials are returned late.
- We are checking materials in on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays.
- Books being returned are being quarantined up to five (5) days. Books will be NOT be checked in right away. Please give us to the five (5) days before checking your account. Again, there are NO fines for any materials at this time.
- Please be patient! We are working to pull books that have been placed on hold throughout the day. We are also getting phone calls and emails requesting materials that we are also pulling.
- Your books may not be ready for pick-up on the day you reserve them.
- If you receive email notification that your book is ready for pick-up, please ignore this message. WE WILL CALL YOU WHEN YOUR ITEMS ARE READY FOR YOU TO PICK-UP.
- When you pick-up your items on the front porch of the library, they are in paper bags with your first name and last name initial. They have already been checked out.
- We will put your bag out for three (3) days and if it is not picked up, we will check the items in, and you will have to place the item(s) on hold again.
If you have questions, please call the library at 887-3428 or email Cathy at CathyHassard@sandownlibrary.us
Temporary Library Card ApplicationIf you do not have a Sandown Public Library card, and would like to access the library's online resources, we have created a way for you to apply for a temporary library card. You must be a Sandown resident or pay taxes in Sandown to qualify. Right now, the temporary library card is good through October 1, 2020. You can come into the library and show proof of residency and you will be given your permanent library card at that time. Once you complete the application, you will be sent an email with all the information you need to start accessing the online resources.
Temporary Sandown Library Card Application