Already have an account? Go directly to sandownlibrary.kanopy.com
What is Kanopy?
Kanopy is a video streaming service made available to you by your library. With it, you can stream from a collection of over 30,000 independent and documentary films, including videos from The Criterion Collection, The Great Courses, Media Education Foundation, and more. Kanopy’s collection focuses on titles offering social, cultural, and educational value. You can view available titles and stream by visiting the Kanopy website on your PC, or by downloading the Kanopy app to your Android mobile device, iOS mobile device, or Amazon Fire Tablet. Kanopy can also be streamed through your Roku, Apple TV, or Chromecast.
How do I create an account?
- Click here to create an account on Kanopy, or open your Kanopy app and select 'Sign Up'.
- Fill in the requested fields on form or use your existing Facebook or Google account info if you prefer by clicking on the appropriate social login button and following the prompts.
- After signing up, you will be sent a verification email to your email address which will come from email@example.com. Click “Verify My Email” to continue your account set up. Note: If you are not seeing this email in your inbox or spam, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so they can assist you.
- Click "Find your library" and look for the Sandown Public Library.
- Select Sandown Public Library from the dropdown list.
- Click "Add library card" and enter your library card number and PIN and click Save
- Once your library card has been successfully connected, you will then be shown information about how your account works.
How does streaming work?
Streaming videos allows you to watch a video without downloading the whole file. It requires a stable internet connection while you watch.
How many videos can I watch?
Your Sandown Public Library account offers 10 ‘credits’ per month, enabling you to play up to 50 titles per month.
How long do I have to watch the videos?
You have 72 hours from the moment you select ‘Play’. The video will stop streaming when the 72 hours is up, so you will have to use another credit to keep watching if you did not finish.
Need more information?
You can always visit the Kanopy help page directly for much more information and instruction.